Wednesday, January 16, 2008

In My Humble Opinion

I have finally decided to start a blog because, like so many others, I believe my opinions are right and valuable and all the world should have the benefit of my wisdom. Of course, I also think the minutae of my life is fascinating so why not share. :)

Before I climb on my soap box and begin spouting off about topics which I may have little knowledge, let me introduce myself.

1.) I have a sarcastic sense of humor. If you're not sure if you should take me seriously chance are you should not.

2.) I like intelligent discourse. Differing opinions are welcome but please don't let discussions devolve into name calling sessions.

3.) I tend to have a liberal view so if you don't like my point of view, don't read my blog. :)

4.) I'm a novice cyclist who has already completed one endurance event with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. (http://www.teamintraining.org/) I've already started my fundraising page (http://www.active.com/donate/tntnca04/tntncaEmilyShaffer) and if I have the energy, I will post amusing stories about my training for a 100-mile bike ride around Lake Tahoe in Nevada and California.

5.) One more thing. I'm proud to call myself a feminist and a fat activist. Yes, I'm a big girl and proud of myself. I won't let America's obsession with thinness make me hate myself just because I'm round!

No comments: