Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Unanswered Prayers

Last topic of the evening:

I was listening to the radio the other day and that Garth Brooks song Unanswered Prayers was playing. That song always annoys me because as a self-proclaimed Christian I just don't believe there's any such thing as an unanswered prayer. Sometimes the answer is no, but there's always an answer.

Why do people (most of them it seems to me) want to think God doesn't say no. If God is the all knowing parent figure then we are Her children. Sometimes its a parents job to say no.

Okay, those are my pet peeves for the evening. I have to stop having caffeine after 3:00.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm not sure I believe God answers prayers at all. Do you believe God actually hears all our prayers? I think of it as more in terms of God being Horton, and the people on earth being the Whos down in Whoville, hanging out on a speck on a clover in a field full of clovers.

Anonymous said...

I believe that God answers prayers. And, sometimes the answer is 'no.' But I don't just pray to ask for things. I think prayer has to be a part of one's relationship with God, and prayer is a tool for communication, just like talking to a friend on the phone or having a conversation over a cup of tea. There are times when I get on my knees and pray, and other times when I just talk to God while I am driving. But, however or whenever prayer takes place, I know God hears me. And I may not always get an answer in MY time, but at some point, the answer comes...and I try to listen. I guess faith has a lot to do with it.